East Nantmeal Township
Saturday April 9th
(Rain or Shine)
Please join us and help keep our township a beatiful place!
Volunteer to pick up litter along our township roads
Trash bags, gloves and vests will be available at our Township Building
Monday – Thursday April 4th-8th (8:00am to 3:00pm)
Saturday Morning April 9th from 8:30 – 9:30am at the Township Building along with coffee, doughnuts!
- Pick up litter along the roadside any time Saturday morning through mid-afternoon.
- Fill the trash bags and gather them in small groups by the roadside for pick up late Saturday afternoon by our township road crew. (Or if convenient, you can drop them off at the township building where a dumpster will be available.)
- Safety tips:
- Wear gloves (provided!) and thick-soled, closed shoes
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Wear safety vests (provided!) or bright colors for roadside safety
- Wear sunscreen and bug repellent
- Be aware of your surroundings and the potential hazards associated with them (e.g., passing cars, hazardous tree branches, poison ivy, etc.)
- Use the “buddy system” …work in teams of two or three to maximize safety
- Drink plenty of fluids and keep “quick energy foods” on hand
- Take an occasional break
- DO NOT:
- Don’t pick up tires, hazardous materials such as hypodermic needles, sharp objects, car batteries, condoms, animal carcasses or other unidentified, questionable objects
- Don’t overstuff the bags
- Don’t attempt to move large objects such as cinder blocks, old household appliances
- HAVE FUN AND HELP KEEP EAST NANTMEAL BEAUTIFUL