Green Valleys is hosting a workshop for municipal committees, consultants, and concerned residents about community water resources on Saturday, December 2, from 8:30 a.m. to noon, in Historic Yellow Springs.
The workshop is titled “Planning Strategies and Tools that Preserve and Enhance Community Freshwater Resources”, and will feature case studies and discussion from 10 representatives of regulatory agencies, planners, designers, and conservation organizations. The workshop will include opportunities for networking and Q&A, and continuing education credits are offered for registered landscape architects. The cost of the workshop is $10, with an additional CEU processing fee; online registration is available at www.greenvalleys.org/event/community-water-resources.
Green Valleys is offering this workshop as a valuable opportunity for members of Environmental Advisory Councils and other interested municipal staff, council members, and consultants.
For more information see the flyer Community Water Planning Workshop 12-2-17
The domain name for the site is changing to eastnantmeal.org. Access to the site may not be reliable for the next 72 hours until all of the domain name servers catch up.
With technological advances, recycling has come a long way and we are recycling more items than ever before. If you are doing it correctly, you just might have more recycling than trash. When done correctly, recyclables have value but when done incorrectly they are nothing but trash. To know what to do, view a 2 ½ minute video FREE of charge at any time on your computer. The video was originally created for Chester County government buildings but applies to all households, businesses and institutions in Chester County because we all collect the same items.
Go to www.chestercountyswa.org and click on “Recycling” then “Single Stream Recycling Video”. It is that simple.
For more information call 610-273-3771 ext. 226.
Owen J. Roberts has formed a Mountain Bike Team. The objective of the OJR MTB team is to grow the sport of Mountain Biking and maintain a quality experience for all student athletes, while improving their skills and competing against teams throughout Pennsylvania. With a strong commitment to building body, mind, and character, the team is driven by the 5 core values of NICA (the National Interscholastic Cycling Association) and PICL (the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League): Inclusivity, Equality, Strong Body, Strong Mind, Strong Character. Please see the attached flyer for OJR MBT
Please see the attached flyer regarding dog licensing
Follow this link for the presentation given by Victoria Laubach and Ed Theurkauf on March 8, 2017, East Nantmeal Riparian Buffer Presentation.
2017 East Nantmeal Township
Saturday April 1st
(Rain or Shine)
Join the Great American Cleanup! Volunteer to pick up litter along our township roads.
To sign up and participate, please contact us at: email@example.com
Pick up trash bags at our Township Building
Monday – Thursday March 27th-30th (8:00am to 3:00pm)
Join us Saturday Morning April 1st from 8:30 – 9:30 am at the Township Building for coffee, doughnuts & trash bags!
- Pick up litter along the roadside any time Saturday morning through mid-afternoon.
- Fill the trash bags and gather them in small groups by the roadside for pick up late Saturday afternoon by our township road crew. (Or if convenient, you can drop them off at the township building where a dumpster will be available.)
- Safety tips:
- Wear gloves (provided!) and thick-soled, closed shoes
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Wear safety vests (provided!) or bright colors for roadside safety
- Wear sunscreen and bug repellent
- Be aware of your surroundings and the potential hazards associated with them (e.g., passing cars, hazardous tree branches, poison ivy, etc.)
- Use the “buddy system” …work in teams of two or three to maximize safety
- Drink plenty of fluids and keep “quick energy foods” on hand
- Take an occasional break
- DO NOT:
- Don’t pick up tires, hazardous materials such as hypodermic needles, sharp objects, car batteries, condoms, animal carcasses or other unidentified, questionable objects
- Don’t overstuff the bags
- Don’t attempt to move large objects such as cinder blocks, old household appliances
- HAVE FUN AND HELP KEEP EAST NANTMEAL BEAUTIFUL