The East Nantmeal Township Historical Commission serves as an advisory body and resource to the Board of Supervisors, the Planning Commission, as well as other agencies, officials, and citizens of the Township for advice and information historic preservation and restoration. The Commission is also charged to raise awareness and encourage stewardship of the Township’s significant and invaluable historical resources, related natural sites and landscape features, from the time of the Native Americans to the present day.
Historical Commission Members
Please see the Township Officials for the current members of the Historical Commission.
The Historical Commission welcomes you to attend its meetings, scheduled on the third Tuesday of each month, at the Township Building.
News and Events
- Women at Warwick Furnace
- Brower Bridge Re-opens
- Historical Commission Agenda December 15, 2020
- Remote Committee Meetings
- Historical Commission Meeting: November 17, 2020
Contact the Historical Commission via Kristine-Gordon Watson, Secretary,
Township documents related to historic preservation
• Historic Resource Protection Standards, Article XVI, ENT Zoning Ordinance
• ENT Historic Resources Map and Survey
• ENT Historic Resources Atlas
• Historic Preservation Section of the Comprehensive Plan (2002 )
* East Nantmeal History Society
* Chester County Planning Commission
* Chester County Historic Preservation Network
* Nantmeal Village National Historic Register Document (2014)
* TriCounty Heritage Society
* Chester County Historical Society
* PA Historical and Museum Commission